Terms & Conditions
We aim to provide you with a first class service alongside our first class products, you are very important to us.
- All information supplied is only used to enable us to process your order more efficiently. Under no circumstances is it passed to a third party.
- All the glass items we sell are handmade by Liam Carey and, by the very nature of handmade work, there will be slight variations characteristic of handmade glass. We undertake a stringent quality control process and pride ourselves on quality. The images we have taken are true images and have not been processed. Please read the descriptions carefully about the products and size as from an image it is often difficult to appreciate sizing and scale. As a rule Liam only makes small beautiful pieces!
- For objet díart products namely vases and scent bottles you will be sent that particular piece which the image relates to. Should that piece not be available you will be offered an alternative piece in that range via an email and image before processing your order. For fruit, beads, flowers you will be sent products which relate to a colour/finish as these pieces are on a similar theme. If you are specific about seeing the exact piece please contact us and we will send you an image of that exact piece. The images do not represent scale and although a true picture, colouring will vary depending on screen resolution. If in doubt please talk to us for more information.
- All door knobs are turning door knobs unless stated you want them fixed and come with a 7.6mm spindle and screws. If you are ordering locks then they will be supplied with the compatible 8mm spindle and screws. They are for internal use, if you want them for external doors please notify us. Door knobs will be provided for mortice knobs, we make rim locks but these will need to be specified when ordering. Cupboard knobs come with a threaded bar, nut and washer. They are fully functional door furniture. Many DIY enthusiasts will be able to easily fit our door furniture, although if you are not confident with fittings then assistance may be required. If in any doubt please telephone us and we will be happy to help. Please check carefully that your doors and locks are suitable for door knobs, not all doors are. There needs to be enough clearance for hands to turn them, without catching on any surrounds, again please contact us if in any doubt. We also sell a complementary range of handmade in the UK locks which are fully compatible with our glass knobs. We are specialists in what we do so please feel free to discuss options with us.
- Brass will patina over time and dull down but will shine again if a brass cleaner is used. Silver finishes will also tarnish over time and will need cleaning to stay a brilliant white colour. Nickel and chrome stay fairly consistent but as this, along with silvering is an outsourced finish we cannot guarantee their wear and tear.
- We aim to provide your goods within in a reasonable time, if we need to make specifically for your order you will be notified. For products on a brass finish they will be sent out within 1 week, for a plated finish approx 2 weeks. This is a guide and in some cases will be shorter, you will be notified if timescales will be longer. We do take the odd holiday but will let you know if this will affect your timescales.
- We are happy to send samples, we will take your card information which we will not process unless the items are not returned or returned damaged. Please ensure samples are well wrapped when returning them and there is no glass to glass contact. Samples must be returned within 2 weeks and p&p is the customerís responsibility.
- As our work is bespoke and often made to exact customer requirements returns must be discussed with us. Customers will be charged any plating, postage and a 20% re-stocking fee for unwanted items. We would prefer to provide samples first if there are any doubt about colours, styles or finishes.
- Goods will be sent via courier and will require signature. Any damages must be reported straight away to us and we will then discuss their return. Upon inspection of the goods we will then advise of all options.
- Payment must be made in full before the goods are sent. For overseas purchases we will not be liable for any import duties or taxes as this will be your responsibility.
- Payment methods, we accept all major credit and debit cards
- On receipt of your order, we will make contact with you and arrange to take payment over the telephone.
- Merlin Glass processes itís payments through Streamline and hold the full PCI DSS compliance through Trustkeeper, further details can be made available on request.
Prices and Availability
- All prices on this website are up to date. Inevitably, prices and availability may change over time.
- We welcome international orders, payment is in £ís. and we accept all major credit and debit cards.
- For shipping we use Fedex International and have competitive rates for overseas, please Contact Us for details
- Please have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions section. If you canít find help there, please donít hesitate to Contact Us
Should you have any concerns please Contact Us and we will always aim to help. We have been in business for 35 years and we really do care.